ONC (Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology) certification provides support three stake holders (Patients, Clinicians & Hospitals and Providers).
This certification helps clinician engagement in medical practice enhancements and care coordination activities using health IT – including participation in CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) programs.
- Patients can access and exchange their health information electronically
- Clinicians & Hospitals have tools for clinical work flows and processes, care coordination, and quality improvement
- Developers can make sure their customers that their product meets certain standards and functionality
So far there are sixty 2015 Edition health IT certification criteria, which are categorically divided into the eight categories specified as follows.
- Clinical Process
- Care Coordination
- Clinical Quality Measurement
- Privacy & Security
- Patient Engagement
- Public Health
- Health IT Design & Performance
- Electronic Exchange